Cannot get EffectGenerator to run

May 29, 2007 at 11:45 AM
First of all, I have to say this project looks promising to me. But I can't get it to work.
I've installed it correctly, no errors encountered there. But when I run the Custom Tool it says: Cannot find custom tool 'EffectGenerator' on this system.

What am I doing wrong here? I get the same warning with the sample project.
May 31, 2007 at 5:13 PM
I agree with BombSquadGame, this project looks promising and I've tested it with the ToonEffect.cs from the Sample code. I have the exact same problem though, Visual Studio can't seem to find the "EffectGenerator" tool.

I'm using XNA Refresh on Visual C# 2005 Express fully updated in Vista (Business) 32-bits.

Someone have to have an idea, did this break with XNA refresh or did we miss something perhaps?

Thanks
Jun 2, 2007 at 6:10 PM
Maybe that's it, i'm running Vista Business 32-bits with XNA Refresh too
Coordinator
Jun 3, 2007 at 9:12 PM
It should be compatible with the refresh. Try downloading the source, recompiling it and its installer. Then run the new installer. You might need to adjust the references.

I haven't worked on this project in a while for a few reasons:
1) My own engine uses a heavily modified version of the EffectGenerator
2) Sometime in the future, those improvements will be rolled into a 2.0 EffectGenerator
3) I am currently an intern on the XNA team and my employment contract has a "conflict of interest" clause :-)